Employment | Financial Services | International | Retail | Tech
Martin specialises in advising organisations and senior professionals on employment and partnership law matters. He acts for employers from a variety of sectors, including law, tech, and media, to resolve any workplace issue. He also represents professional private clients, like public company directors, LLP members, lawyers, bankers, hedge fund managers and tech entrepreneurs, in a variety of complex issues. These range from boardroom disputes, restrictive covenants, discrimination, dismissal and workplace investigations, through to the negotiation of new contracts and remuneration structures.
Martin’s approach focuses on pragmatic, practical solutions to his clients’ issues, guiding them through all aspects of employment and partnership relationships, including change management in the workplace, all forms of litigation and dealing with the all-important people dimension in commercial transactions.
Martin is a prolific commentator on employment law issues on TV and radio. He has appeared on BBC Radio 5 Live, Sky TV and others, and is often sought for comment in print by HR publications.
- Successfully settling through confidential mediation a whistleblowing dispute on behalf of two investment bankers in a claim brought against an overseas employer resulting in a seven figure sum for the clients.
- Acting for a boutique tax advisory practice in the successful resolution of a significant and potentially very damaging boardroom dispute between its founders.
- Advising a large regional law firm in the workforce integration and redundancy process that followed its multi million pound acquisition of a financially distressed competitor.
- Giving transactional and human resources support to a multi-national insurer in its pan-European redundancy exercise.
- Successfully defending a law firm from a complex age-discrimination claim brought by a departing partner.
- Winning a high-value sex discrimination and unfair dismissal claim for an international telecoms business.
- Assisting a top-10 UK accountancy firm in the workforce integration challenges arising from its merger with a rival practice.
- Giving day-to-day human resources support to a national logistics business.
- Representing a professional services firm in enforcing restrictive covenants against departing senior managers.
- Advising a listed financial services group on a complex large scale redundancy programme.
“Highly knowledgeable and supportive. Martin put a strategy in place from the outset which worked. Achieved an outcome that he himself predicted from the start.”
Employment Lawyers Association
City of London Solicitors Company
City of London Law Society