Working at an international scale
With many global clients, a significant amount of RWK Goodman’s work is international. We regularly work for both private individuals and businesses to meet their legal requirements around the world.
Culturally diverse and multilingual lawyers.
We provide an in-depth knowledge of international law, and can draw upon a dependable network of international lawyers in leading global centres.
We deliver a range of legal services to businesses under umbrellas of corporate law, employment, commercial property and dispute resolution and serve clients in global sectors as diverse as financial institutions and international banks, retail, leisure and hospitality, technology and innovation, health and social care, real estate and charities and not-for-profit organisations.
Our international work for individuals includes advising on offshore and personal tax planning, private law, family law, custody issues, travel and foreign personal injury claims.
Our corporate team is particularly active working with clients in the Nordic countries, our dispute resolution team in Asia, and the firm also acts as Privy Council agents for the government of Mauritius. We also have a dedicated French desk for our many French speaking clients.
Select a focus area, or browse our international services below:
We are proud to be founding and active members of Interleges, a leading international association of law firms. This enables our firm to provide legal services across global frontiers and ensure our clients are supported in key jurisdictions. Through Interleges, both business organisations and individuals have access to specialist lawyers who have experience in representing clients from different countries.
Some of our international services
Inward trade and investment – entering the UK market
Finding the right lawyer in a foreign country can be difficult and can take time. At RWK Goodman, we aim to take the stress out of the process.
Whatever your business needs, we will work with you to come up with creative and cost effective solutions to help you achieve the outcome you want.
We deliver a comprehensive range of legal services to businesses entering the UK market under the umbrellas of corporate and commercial law, employment, commercial property and dispute resolution. Whether you are looking to set up a direct presence in the UK, use third parties or form a joint venture company, our specialist lawyers have the expert local knowledge you need.
Our teams have an in-depth knowledge of the UK’s business and legal environment.
As ‘lawyers ahead of the curve’, we put client relationships at the heart of our business. This means you won’t just know where you stand, but where you are going next and when you are likely to get there.
- Acted for a Swedish listed global provider of domestic energy solutions in its acquisition of the main parts of a UK headquartered target group with operations in six European countries. We drafted the overarching English law share purchase agreement and ancillary documents, dealt with English due diligence and assisted in project managing the transaction with the other overseas law firms.
- We also advised the same Swedish listed global provider of domestic energy solutions on its acquisition of a UK target group with over 20 subsidiaries in Europe and Australasia.
- Acted for global pharmaceutical procurement specialist business with bases in Canada, the USA, Singapore and Ireland on its acquisition of a majority shareholding in a UK pharmacy business. The team advised on the full documentation for the share purchase, including SPA, shareholders agreement and articles of association along with restructuring.
- Acted for a leading German toy and game company which led an USD 8.5million round of investment into award-winning UK-based publishing start-up.
RWK Goodman French desk
Francophone clients who want advice on English law but using French language, or non French speakers who need to undertake business or personal transactions in French-speaking countries.
Our French-speaking lawyers can guide you through the English legal system and identify those particular cultural differences can otherwise become obstacles.
For those who require advice in French-speaking countries, we work alongside an extensive network of other advisers which stretches from France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland to Francophone Africa.
The team includes a stagiaire who is either in the process of qualifying as a lawyer or has already completed their legal training in France or another French-speaking country. Do not hesitate to contact us if we can help you.
RWK Goodman offre un service en français pour les clients francophones qui désirent une consultation de droit anglais en français ou pour des clients non-francophones qui entreprennent des affaires ou transactions personnelles dans des pays francophones.
Nos avocats francophones pourront vous guider à travers le système juridique anglais et identifier les différences culturelles qui peuvent devenir des obstacles dans vos transactions.
Pour ceux qui souhaite obtenir des conseils dans des états francophones, nous travaillons avec un vaste réseau d’autres conseillers qui s’étend de la France, la Belgique, le Luxembourg et la Suisse à l’Afrique francophone.
L’équipe comprend un stagiaire qui est soit en cours de qualification en tant qu’avocat, soit qui a déjà terminé sa formation juridique en France ou dans un autre pays francophone. N’hésitez pas à nous contacter si nous pouvons vous aider.
Travel and foreign claims encompasses a wide variety of accident and personal injury claims.
Our specialist travel and foreign claims team can help you to understand what you are entitled to claim in compensation where the accident happens as a result of someone else’s negligence. Get in touch with our specialist solicitors to find out whether you can make a claim for an accident that took place overseas. It is possible to claim for accidents that occurred both within Europe, and internationally; across the United States, Asia, South America, the Middle East and Australia.
- Overseas Road Traffic claims – Acted for pedestrians, cyclists and passengers involved in serious road traffic accidents across Europe.
- Package Holiday claims – Acted for individuals injured whilst staying at a hotel abroad and have good connections with overseas lawyers, experts and translators to help guide clients through the process of bringing a compensation claim.
- Airline and Cruise ship claims – Acted for clients who have suffered injuries whilst on-board an aircraft or at an airport, as well as clients injured at sea, on-board a cruise ship or passenger ferry.