Voluntary placements are a great way to gain experience of working at a law firm. If you are considering a legal career, then apply for a Vacation Scheme with us to learn more about our work.
About our Vacation Scheme
The Vacation Scheme will take place from Monday 3 July to Friday 7 July 2023.
You will spend the week in one practice area working closely with your team to gain first-hand experience of our business. You will also have the opportunity to meet with trainees and attend insight sessions. At the end of the week you will attend an Assessment Day.
This is a paid placement.
We will ensure you have the opportunity to gain different skills
Your experience will include:
- Researching files and producing reports
- Reviewing and drafting commercial agreements
- Reading case studies
- Attending client meetings
- Attending court
Our aim is to give you the opportunity to get a real taste of what life is like working at a top law firm.
Experience and qualifications
When do you need to apply?
If you want to apply for a place on the Vacation Scheme, you will need to submit your application by 5pm on 31 March 2023.
If you want to apply for a place on one of the Training Contract Assessment Days, you will need to submit your application by 5pm on 28 April 2023.
Please note you can only submit one application, you cannot apply for a place on both the Vacation Scheme and the Training Contract Assessment Days.
You will need to meet the following criteria:
- As a minimum, be in your second year at university.
- Able to attend your chosen office of Bath, London, Oxford or Swindon for the duration of the Vacation Scheme.
If you have any queries, please contact [email protected]
Strengths and competencies
Tips for a successful application.
We want you to give yourself the best chance of success when you apply. You can do this by:
- Doing your research – Learn as much as you can about us before you apply
- Show your interest – Demonstrate why you want to work with us
- Don’t just copy and paste – Tailor your application
- Check check check! Check for errors before submitting your application