Employment | GDPR
Richard is Partner at RWK Goodman and is well known for his practical, commercial advice in employment law.
Specialising in all aspects of employment law for businesses and individuals, Richard has a strong employer client base and regularly advises on discrimination issues, complex redundancies, re-organisations and business transfers. He often gives seminars and training sessions on a range of topical employment issues which clients acknowledge as being “interesting and beneficial”. He is a regular fixture at South West CIPD events, informing and updating the HR community on current and future employment and HR trends.
Richard has been described by clients as “superb in his approach, exceedingly knowledgeable and really understands business“; “very responsive and approachable”; and that he “provides a good sounding board for employment related issues” and “offers pragmatic common sense advice at all times”.
Examples of Richard’s recent work includes:
- Advising on a restructuring and large scale redundancy process resulting in no claims being made against the employer
- Settling a complex unfair dismissal and whistleblowing claim on favourable terms for the employer
- Advising on the purchase of a business out of administration including complex TUPE and insolvency issues
- Successfully defending a high value disability discrimination claim
- Advising on a significant data subject access request and subsequent complex litigation
- Providing in house training to HR teams