Racing and Bloodstock | Animal accidents | Chronic Pain and CRPS | Injury | Road accidents | Spinal Injury
Richard Brooks is based in London and represents clients nationwide and abroad.
He is a litigator with a broad civil litigation and regulatory practise. He heads the Personal Injury Department in London and is joint head of the firm’s Racing and Bloodstock team.
Richard has over 30 years’ experience and is consistently ranked as a leader in his field by the major legal directories. He represents Claimants who have suffered catastrophic personal injury such as spinal cord injury and brain injury as well as people with complex orthopaedic or psychiatric damage. He has a special interest in cases of chronic pain and functional neurological disorder.
He has a real understanding of cases involving Permanent Health Insurance or Group Income Protection Insurance in which both employees and employers find themselves in dispute with insurance companies who fail to accept claims for cover.
Having worked in two niche equine law firms and ridden out in racing stables for a number of years he also has a special interest in horseracing.
He can be considered one of only a handful of real expert solicitors in claims involving animals.
Richard is also an accredited Mediator and part of the firm’s mediation team. Known in particular for mediating equine-related matters he acts in a wide range of other commercial, property and other disputes.
- accidents to riders and horses including claims under the Animals Act 1971
- personal injury work more broadly particularly very serious injury cases with a special interest in chronic pain
- road traffic accident claims
- sporting injuries: accidents involving participants and spectators
- denied health insurance (PHI/GIP) claims
- chronic pain including CRPS
- equine disputes involving training and other contract claims, misrepresentation, sales of goods and veterinary negligence
- sports disciplinary and licensing work particularly in horseracing
Learn more about Richard's areas of expertise
"Richard Brooks has carved out a niche practice dealing with racehorse disciplinary and injury claims. His knowledge of the industry and laws relating to it are unsurpassed. He has an uncanny knack of seeing the best point early and a remarkable success rate."
“I can’t thank you enough, I would have been hung out to dry had you not fought my corner.”