Capacity, Care and Court of Protection | Wills, Trusts and Estates
Mandy leads the Wiltshire Private Client Team and puts great effort into providing clear, practical legal advice, without the usual legal jargon. She handles private wealth and succession planning matters including estate administrations, Wills and trusts.
Mandy has a particular interest in the developing area of digital assets and the way with which these should be dealt both as part of clients’ succession planning and post-death. She is an approachable lawyer.
Mandy works closely with various local communities, often working outside of the formal office setting.
Mandy has extensive experience of dealing with probate and estate administration. She specialises in inheritance tax planning, trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection work on loss of mental capacity, capital tax planning, trusts (on death and in lifetime) and Wills.
Her work often crosses over with other teams such as conveyancing, matrimonial and corporate teams. A keen advocate for hosting co-advisor events to advise a client ‘in the round’.
Mandy trained at RWK Goodman and qualified in 2003 where she has built her experience and reputation as an estate and probate specialist, including advising same-sex couples on estate planning and digital afterlife. Her background includes a psychology degree.
Mandy’s private client expertise includes;
- all aspects of Will drafting
- estate planning, lifetime and succession planning for individuals and families, with a focus on inheritance tax and capital gains tax planning
- estate administration, including inheritance issues
- applications for probate, including Grant of Probate
- advising on the establishment UK Trusts
- varying the distribution of an estate
- Inheritance Tax Reliefs
- advising of appropriate Powers of Attorney including Lasting Powers of Attorney
- advising on the formation of trusts and trust administration
- issues relating to mental capacity.
- Full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member of Digital Assets SIG of STEP
- Former Trustee of Prospect Hospice
- Former Chair of the local STEP committee for Gloucestershire and Wiltshire
- Basic Level One British Sign Language (BSL)
Learn more about Mandy's areas of expertise
"It’s natural that people want to protect what they’ve worked hard for all their lives. They want to make sure that it will be passed on to the people they care about and each person’s requirements are different. The Private Client field is a constantly evolving area of law, and it means there are far more options for people to consider than there used to be. A person’s wishes are unique to the individual and I always try to help them achieve what they want, so that they have total peace of mind for the future."