Capacity, Care and Court of Protection | Wills, Trusts and Estates
Mike is a Senior Associate in RWK Goodman’s dedicated Contested Wills, Trusts & Inheritance Disputes team.
Mike has helped many clients with issues relating to Will disputes, claims for financial provision, disputes between executors and disputes between attorneys in the Court of Protection. He is focused on providing practical solutions to help clients through difficult situations.
Mike is ranked as an Associate to Watch by the Chambers High Net Worth Guide and is also recommended by the Legal 500.
A barrister states: “He is extremely good and is building up a formidable practice.” A client says: “He is understanding and easy to communicate with, and I feel assured he will do his utmost for us.” Chambers High New Worth Guide
“Mike Muston is excellent with clients and able to quickly get to the heart of any dispute.” Legal 500
Mike’s experience includes:
- Challenges to the validity of Wills, including issues of capacity, undue Influence, execution, lack of knowledge and approval
- Court of Protection disputes
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Proprietary Estoppel and Constructive Trusts
- Acting for charities in defending inheritance disputes
- Disputes over the administration of estates
Mike has also contributed articles to the well renowned Trusts & Estates Law and Tax Journal
- Full Member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- Full Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Learn more about Mike's areas of expertise
"Dealing with Mike Muston over a difficult case of probate made me feel that we would win, which in the long term proved to be right."