A family accredited mediator and collaborative lawyer, she specialises in financial remedy, cohabitation, and private law children work.
Jayne is a Partner in the Family team in our Bath office and has specialised in family law throughout her career and joined us from Stone King in April 2021. A very experienced family lawyer, Jayne focuses on reducing conflict and finding constructive solutions for her clients. She is an accredited mediator which has equipped her with the skills needed to deal with the emotions that are inevitably involved in family matters.
- Complex financial matters for married and unmarried couples, including dealing with cases involving high net worth individuals and businesses
- Prenuptial agreements
- Cohabitation agreements and cohabitation disputes
- Private children law, including cross-border children matters
- Assisted a wife in retaining the family home worth £1m which was all the matrimonial assets as husband received an inheritance after the separation. Wife also received spousal maintenance.
- Assisted a client in tracing funds hidden by the husband, so she was awarded a significant lump sum and large spousal maintenance. She was also awarded costs of over £20,000 which is unusual in family proceedings.
- Resolution - chair of the Bath branch
- Family Mediators Association
- Family Mediation Council
Learn more about Jayne's areas of expertise
"I am passionate about trying to reduce conflict where possible and to assist clients in finding a constructive solution. My commitment is to dealing with matters constructively and with the use of alternative dispute resolution methods where appropriate. Being an accredited mediator and collaborative lawyer has provided me with the skills to deal with the emotions that inevitably follow a relationship breakdown."
Complexities in family law - thinking outside the box
Is it time that we all started thinking outside the box?
How can families in need of support continue to seek resolutions when so much is changing around them? Is it time that we all started thinking outside the box?
View more articles related to Children Disputes, Family, Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements and Separation & Divorce