Beth assists the Compensation Protection Unit with managing compensation awards for clients who have a Deputy appointed by the Court of Protection. She works closely with family members, case managers and therapists as a part of a specialist team built around the client.
Beth assists with the management of clients financial affairs, including:
- Helping the client with day to day financial activities such as paying bills and invoices
- Working closely with the families and professionals;
- Drafting annual deputyship reports for the Office of the Public Guardian
- Monitoring direct payment accounts and completing reviews of the same
- Managing, reviewing and applying for welfare benefits on behalf of clients
- Assisting with the employment of care teams;
- Preparing detailed schedules of income and expenditure for the purpose of annual financial review meetings;
- Investing and managing client compensation awards in accordance with advice received from the Independent Financial Adviser.
Beth works closely with RWK Goodman’s Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence teams by managing interim payments, helping prepare budgets and income and expenditure and schedules for the litigators.