Beth assists the Compensation Protection Unit with managing compensation awards for clients who have a Deputy appointed by the Court of Protection. She works closely with family members, case managers and therapists as a part of the team around the client .
Beth assists with the management of clients financial affairs, including:
- Helping the client with day to day financial activities such as paying bills and invoices
- Working closely with the families and professionals;
- Drafting applications and witness statements for the Court of Protection;
- Drafting personal injury trusts;
- Assisting with the employment of care teams;
- Preparing reports for the Office of the Public Guardian;
- Preparing detailed schedules of income and expenditure;
- Investing and managing client compensation awards;
Beth works closely with RWK Goodman’s Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence teams by managing interim payments, helping prepare Deputyship witness statements and reconciling accounts for the litigators.