Employment News Update – Government changes to Minimum Wage
The Government has announced the recommendations for the increase in the national minimum wage rates which will take effect from 1 October 2013 as follows: -
- the adult rate increases to £6.31 an hour
- the rate for 18-20 year olds increases to £5.03 an hour
- the rate for 16-17 year olds increases to £3.72 an hour
- the apprentice rate increases to £2.68 an hour
- the accommodation offset increases to £4.91.
This legal update is provided for general information purposes only and should not be applied to specific circumstances without prior consultation with us.
For further details on any of the issues covered in this update please contact Gemma Ospedale, Partner in Employment on 020 7583 2222.