£350,000 recovered for patient who suffered brain injury due to a hospital acquired infection
Our client been admitted to hospital for neuro surgery, involving pre operative telemetry, were wires are inserted into the brain to locate the exact location of epileptic seizures. Whilst the wires were in place a bacterial infection was acquired from an organism usually found in the gut. This infection took hold resulting in the need to debride the bone flap and tissue and also causing significant neurological damage due to inflammatory processes. Our client had resulting difficulties with memory, executive function, balance and sight. She was no longer able to work and required additional assistance in the home, she remained self-caring.
Leave a comment
Thank you for choosing to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that comments are moderated. Please do not use a spammy keyword or a domain as your name or it will be deleted.