Marianne is the head of the Swindon office’s Dispute Resolution and Debt Recovery team and a highly experienced litigator with over 20 years of experience in civil, commercial and property litigation.
Marianne deals with a wide range of disputes including the firm’s client’s more complex medium to large contractual and negligence based disputes which have included presenting and defending allegations of fraud, deceit and conspiracy. Marianne has a practice in professional negligence against solicitors, surveyors, architects and accountants and is a member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association. In addition Marianne has many years of expertise in consumer related matters. As the head of the Debt Recovery team, Marianne is also known for her expertise in debt recovery and enforcement including commercial and personal insolvency and, works with our Real Estate, Healthcare, Retail, Financial services, Technology and Media, Leisure and Hospitality and Racing & Bloodstock sectors.
Marianne's experience includes:
- commercial contractual and negligence based disputes including sale of goods and services, financial and property based contractual disputes including enforcement of charges and commercial mortgage possession proceedings
- Fraud, deceit and conspiracy based disputes
- Director, shareholder and partnership disputes
- Consumer, consumer credit and product liability disputes
- Building disputes
- Professional negligence – solicitors, accountants, architects and surveyors
- Debt recovery and enforcement including insolvency both corporate and individual
- Insolvency related disputes including misfeasance, unlawful and void transactions, preference and undervalue transactions and defending claims relating to property claims arising in Bankruptcy
- Residential and commercial possession proceedings boundary, party wall, title and easement disputes, trespass actions.
Marianne prides herself on her ability to adapt to meet the needs of her wide variety of clients. She takes a pragmatic, no-nonsense and to the point approach but with the sensitivity that each different client situation requires. At all times, Marianne’s aim is to achieve a swift and cost effective solution to the clients’ issues and she fully understands that litigation is not always appropriate – she is an avid advocate for Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
Marianne Johns - very bright and commercially aware and articulate. A very safe pair of hands for clients on any size of litigation.
I just wanted to thank you very much for your pragmatic and professional help in resolving this. It is a massive weight off our minds to have this finally sorted out.