Louise is a Partner who specialises in Court of Protection and Compensation Protection Trusts.
Louise has over 12 years of experience dealing with clients who lack the necessary mental capacity to deal with their own property and financial affairs and the complex issues that often surround mental capacity.
Louise specialises in managing compensation awards for clients who either have a Deputy appointed through the Court of Protection or whose award has been settled into a compensation protection trust (PI Trust) and managed by Trustees.
Louise works closely with her colleagues in the clinical negligence and personal injury teams often becoming involved with the client and their family whist litigation is ongoing. During this period Louise will work to build a trusted relationship with the client and their family helping to put a team of multi-disciplinary professionals in place to ensure that the client’s quality of life is maximised, whilst the claim is ongoing and for many years after settlement.
Louise deals with all aspects of managing Compensation awards:
- Applications to the Court of Protection including Deputyship appointments, gift applications, Statutory Wills
- Advising on Compensation Protection Trusts
- Purchasing and adapting properties
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Liaising with Independent Financial Advisers to obtain tailored advice on investing large sum awards
- Liaising with Case managers and therapists in order to create a tailored MDT for the client
- Member of the Professional Deputyship Forum
- Solicitors for the Elderly (First Tier Membership status)
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives