Laura graduated from the University of Nottingham with a 2:1 LLB Law with European Law undergraduate degree. She went on to complete her legal studies in London and obtained a distinction in her Legal Practice Course at the University of Law.
Prior to joining RWK Goodman, Laura worked as a Court of Protection paralegal for 3.5 years at Anthony Gold Solicitors LLP, before completing her training contract and qualifying in September 2020 at the same firm. Laura gained experience during her training contact in Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence and Family Law before choosing to specialise as a Court of Protection solicitor.
Laura is involved in the following work:
- preparing and drafting applications to the Court of Protection in respect of property and financial affairs
- working collaboratively with the client, their families, and other professionals including case managers and therapists
- liaising with the Office of the Public Guardian to complete annual financial reports and accounts
- assisting with the employment of care teams
- working with Independent Financial Advisors to manage client’s compensation awards and investments
- Preparing budgets and income and expenditure schedules to ensure the longevity of funds.
The Professional Deputies Forum
Laura has a love of salsa dancing, baking, playing netball and travelling.