Children Disputes | Domestic Abuse | Family | Injunctions and Emergency Remedies | International Family
Emma has worked in family law for over 14 years. She was previously employed in-house for a local authority’s legal department so Emma is able to offer a unique insight when advising on cases involving Family concerns.
Emma is identified as “undoubtedly one to watch” by The Legal 500 UK, who also recognise her as “very personable and a delight to work with”, and “absolutely diligent in terms of her case preparation”.
She has in depth knowledge of the pre proceedings process, care proceedings and private law matters when the local authority is asked to assist the court. Her detailed knowledge of local authorities’ duties and their powers means that she is able to offer clear and robust advice, while ensuring that the correct process is being followed.
Emma has regularly dealt with complex matters including cases where allegations have been made of serious inflicted injury and sexual abuse. Emma conducts her own advocacy where possible.
She is able to undertake all work involving children, in particular:
- Representing parents during the pre proceedings process under the Public Law Outline
- Representing parents, children (both through their Children’s Guardian and direct) and other family members in care proceedings where the local authority has made an application to court
- Representing parents in respect of various issues, including obtaining parental responsibility, contact disputes and determining where a child should live
- Special guardianship matters
- Adoption and step parent adoption
- Domestic violence matters
- Association of Lawyers for Children
- Accredited Children’s Representative with the Law Society
Learn more about Emma's areas of expertise
"I came to RWK Goodman solicitors after having a less than satisfactory service elsewhere. I immediately connected with Emma and felt that she had a real passion for what she was doing. She has always been the perfect balance of professional and friendly, which left me feeling in very safe hands. Emma is very approachable and never made me feel like an inconvenience for taking up her time. She's intelligent and knows everything needed for meetings and court dates. She always has my best interests at heart and most importantly, she works hard to get the best result."