April 28, 2020

Business alert: Emergency filing service at Companies House

Accountant working from home

The following forms can now be filed online using Companies House emergency filing service:

  • apply for rectification by the registrar of companies (RP02A)
  • apply for rectification of a change of registered address (RP02B)
  • object to a request to rectify the register (RP03)
  •  apply to remove material about a director (RP06)
  • apply to change a company’s disputed registered office address (RP07)
  • correct a director’s date of birth (RPCH01)

Click here to access the emergency filing service.

Although this is a step in the right direction, there are still a significant number of filings that still can only be filed in paper from and not electronically via the emergency filing service of the existing web filing services. In particular, it would be encouraging to see the ability to file forms relating to a company’s share capital forms online rather than in paper form.

However, while we are all trying to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown people are recognising the positive impacts on the environment, the way the workforce works and interacts and a heightened appreciation for the NHS. Hopefully a move to more online submissions and Companies House finally catching up with the trend for paperless transactions will be another positive to come from the COVID-19 lockdown.

Share on:

Your Comments

Leave a comment

Thank you for choosing to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that comments are moderated. Please do not use a spammy keyword or a domain as your name or it will be deleted.